This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (HC/DJ)
YA Realistic Fiction, ages 14+
Contains violence and mature content.
This Is Where It Ends, the #1 New York Times bestseller and one of the Best Books of the Decade (Buzzfeed, Paste Magazine, BookRiot), "could break you." "I am speechless." "The saddest book I have ever read." "Literally tore my heart out."
Go inside a heartbreaking fictional school shooting, minute-by-terrifying-minute. Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun...
Over the course of 54 minutes, four students must confront their greatest hopes, and darkest fears, as they come face-to-face with the boy with the gun.
In a world where violence in schools is at an all-time high and school shootings are a horrifyingly common reality for teenagers, This Is Where It Ends is a rallying cry to end the gun violence epidemic for good.
Praise for This Is Where It Ends:
- A Buzzfeed Best Young Adult Book of the Decade
- A Paste Magazine Best Teen Book of the Decade
- A Book Riot Biggest YA Book of the Decade
- A Professional Book Nerds Best Book of the Decade
- A Bustle.com Most-Anticipated YA Novel
- A Goodreads YA Best Books Pick
- A Goodreads Choice Award Finalist for Young Adult Fiction
- Kids Indie Next List Pick
"Marieke Nijkamp's brutal, powerful fictional account of a school shooting is important in its timeliness." ―Bustle.com
"A gritty, emotional, and suspenseful read and although fictionalized, it reflects on a problematic and harrowing issue across the nation." ―Buzzfeed
"A compelling, brutal story of an unfortunately all-too familiar situation: a school shooting. Nijkamp portrays the events thoughtfully, recounting fifty-four intense minutes of bravery, love, and loss." ―BookRiot