The Ever Curious Gardener: Using a Little Natural Science for a Much Better Garden by Lee Reich (Ex-Library Paperback)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
An irreverent romp through the natural science of gardening, with eye-opening insight and practical guidance for getting the most out of your plants.
Curious why caressing your cucumber plants will help them bear more fruit? Or why you should grow oranges from seed even if the fruit is inedible? Or why trees need to sleep and how to help them? Join acclaimed gardener, scientist, and author Lee Reich on a journey through the delights of your garden in this laugh-out-loud treatise on the scientific wonders of plants and soil.
The Ever Curious Gardener includes information on:
- How to maximize both flavor and nutrition in your garden bounty
- Helping plants thrive during drought
- Outwitting weeds by understanding their nature
- Making the best use of compost
- Tips on pruning and orchard care
- Why the dead language of Latin can make you a better gardener.