We Love Kale: Fresh and Healthy Inspiring Recipes by Kristen Beddard (Ex-Library Paperback)
Why do we love this frilly, blue-green vegetable so much? Well, it's absolutely delicious, it's remarkably versatile to cook with, and it's a nutritional powerhouse. If you've seen the heaps of kale in the produce section, but are wondering what to do with all of those gorgeous leaves, look no further than We Love Kale.
In this homage to kale, find creative dishes that incorporate this part-peppery, part-sweet green into any meal of the day, from early-morning scones to late-night snacks and drinks. Discover it prepared in a number of ways, from raw in salads, to baked, braised, stir-fried, puréed, and more. In all, there are 100 ways to savor this superfood, including:
- Sausages Braised with Kale and Lentils
- Kale, Parmesan, and Lemon Pearl Barley Risotto
- Hearty French Onion and Kale Soup
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Kale, Black Beans, and Chipotle Cashew Cream
- Kale Gratin
- Tart Cherry Kale Salad with Smoky Dressing
- Crunchy Kale Granola
- Kale and Bell Pepper Potato Cakes
- Pesto Alfredo Kale Chips
- Cheesy Kale and Artichoke Pinwheels
- Triple Rich Hidden Gem Brownies
- Savory Cheese, Kale, and Oat Bars
- and many more!
The health benefits of eating kale have gotten a lot of press, and it's not hard to see why. The hearty green is high in beta-carotene and vitamins A, C, and K. And it's packed with iron and calcium.